Where did you come from? Where did you go? It's tough to know what to do with your money in the moment if you don't know where you've been and where you're going. The Trends tool can help you with that.
The Trends tool charts both your income and spending in every category over the last 3, 6, 9, or 12 months, all in one simple visualization. In just a few moments, you'll be able to see if you're living within your means and identify areas you need to work on.
The vertical axis represents your spending in dollars.
The horizontal axis is a timeline. The black line represents your income.
Each category is represented by a colorful section of the graph, with categories stacked on top of each other. The height of each colorful section represents the amount you spent that month. With all the categories stacked, you can easily see how much you spent overall.
Below the chart is a legend which displays each spending category.
If you need more details about a specific category or specific month, they are just a few clicks away:
- Hover over any category to see your spending history in that category.
- Hover over any dot on the chart to see how much you spent in that category that month.
- Hover over any category in the legend to highlight the corresponding category on the chart.
- Click on any category on the chart or the legend to bring up a breakdown of your spending by subcategory. Click on a subcategory to see information about that subcategory by itself.
- Click on any dot on the chart to bring up a list of transactions in a category or subcategory for that month.
To learn more about the Trends tool, watch the quick clip here.
Disclaimer: The functionality of this software varies depending on which financial institution you use. Not all content in this help center will apply to your experience.