Sometimes it’s not possible to automatically bring in important financial information. It might be that one of your financial institutions doesn’t support our software, or it might be that you paid off your home a decade ago, so there wouldn’t be an online account with any information about it.
In these kinds of situations, you should add a manual account. This will allow you to keep track of things with a lot of value: property like a home or car, cash that isn’t in a bank, a credit card that isn’t compatible with the tools, a loan you’re paying back to a friend.
These are all critical to your finances, so you should feel free to add as many as necessary.
Note: If you have a mortgage or loan that was used to buy property like a home or a car, you should add a manual account for the full value of that home, car, etc. That way, the app will keep track of the positive value of your assets and not just your debt.
Manual accounts must be updated using manual transactions.
To add a manual account:
2. Click at the bottom of the window.
3. Choose an account type. You can choose from the following: Checking, Savings, Loan, Credit Card, Investment, Line of Credit, Mortgage, Property, Cash, Insurance, Prepaid, Other.
4. Enter the details. This could be a balance, interest rate, payment amount, and so on. Each account type will require slightly different information. You will also give the account a name. It could be “Home,” “My other credit card,” or even “That secret gold I’ve got buried.”
Note: Getting the details you’ll need for step 4 may require pulling out a paper statement, making a call, or signing in to another online account, but it’s worth it. The app will be more accurate — and you’ll rest easier — knowing you’ve got all the information you need to take full advantage of this powerful software.
To delete a manual account:
1. Select the account you wish to delete.
2. Click the menu and choose "Delete Account."
3. Type "DELETE."
4. Click "Delete" to confirm that you wish to delete the account, or click out of the delete box if you change your mind.
To learn more about the Accounts tool, watch the quick clip here.
Disclaimer: The functionality of this software varies depending on which financial institution you use. Not all content in this help center will apply to your experience.