This article briefly introduces the OAuth section of Client Dashboard. For more detailed information about OAuth, read the OAuth/Open Banking Migration Overview article.
OAuth connections are secure, tokenized connections that allow one application to interact with another without having to re-enter a password. OAuth provides a more secure connection for both the financial institution and its customers. As a token-based solution, credentials are handled entirely by the OAuth provider and exchanged for a token that MX can use.
To use OAuth with MX connections, you must first register for OAuth in Client Dashboard.
- In Client Dashboard, select OAuth in the left navigation.
- Fill out the OAuth registration form.
The registration form includes the following settings and fields. Only the App logo and App name will be visible to your users.
- App logo - The logo for the app you're registering for OAuth. The app logo must be a 100x100 pixel .png file.
- App name - The app name will be displayed to users. Use a name they will recognize.
- Abbreviated app name - A shorter name for you app.
- App description - Provide a brief description of your app.
- Company website - Your company's primary website.
- Street Address, City, State/Province/Region, Postal/Zip Code, and Country - Your company's address.
- Support email - The email address to contact your company's support team.
- Support phone number - The phone number to contact your company's support team.
- Support url - The web address for your company's support team.
- Click Submit. When your information is submitted, a team at MX will register your company for all of MX's OAuth enabled connections.